freebsd-specific postfix antispam howto

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 29 10:20:42 UTC 2006

From: "Dave" <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com>

> Hello,
>    Does anyone have any information on this? I've googled and have found a lot of
> information for Linux and even an OpenBSD howto, but i am looking for something
> freebsd-specific, preferably fbsd6. I'm having issues getting all > the services,
> amavisd-new configured/starting up properly and would like to > read someone's
> all-integrated freebsd-specific solution if any, to get an idea as to what i'm doing
> wrong?

1) It would be entertaining if not helpful to know WHAT it is not doing
   right as you see right.
2) There is a world of help on the spamassassin-users list - if the
   problem is SpamAssassin and not amavisd-new. (Admittedly I am biased
   against that "thing" based on the number of problems it seems to
   spawn due to people not understanding its behavior.)

Those seem like a good starter question and observation.
The SA Users list is
mailto:spamassassin-users-subscribe at incubator.apache.org

Also visit the wiki at http://www.spamassassin.org

{^_^}