PHP5 and MySQL

Muhammad Omer Iqbal omer at omeriqbal.com
Tue Aug 29 07:03:54 UTC 2006

So it seems that my ports collectionwas indeed out of date, even though I
installed FreeBSD 6.1 only two weeks back. Lesson learnt: always update
ports collection after installing FreeBSD.

I am doing MySQL 5.0 instead of 5.1, I do not want a beta release, and I am
comparing and doing an analysis against a propreitary DB. I have used MySQL
in the past, and believe it is a better choice for our case.

Thanks for all the help, esp Gerard, Matthew & fbsd. I am going to try and
build/install everything. If I run into problems again and I run out of
everything, I will come back here.

Thanks folks!
Best Wishes,
Omer