Mounting Sony PSP

Tim Holmes tim at unixtechs.org
Mon Aug 28 21:51:02 UTC 2006

| Hi,
|
| First check if with the dmesg command you can see your PSP, you should
| read something like this:
|
| umass0: USB Solid state disk, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
| GEOM: create disk da0 dp=0xc2d74850
| da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
| da0: <Generic Traveling Disk 1.11> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
| da0: 1.000MB/s transfers
| da0: 126MB (258048 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 126C)
|
| Then, you need to mount your PSP with:
|
| mount_msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt/PSP
|
| There is a chapter in the handbook about USB device
| http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/usb-disks.html
|
| HTH
|
| Regards.
|
| --
| There's this old saying: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach
| a man to fish, feed him for life."
`-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!  This did the trick.  As long as I have it mounted Amarok
sees it, and once I handle the permissions, I will be able to send
files back and forth to it.

I was looking at /dev/usb1 and wasn't getting anywhere.  Now I can toy
with this.  Thanks a lot!

tdh

--
       \./       |     Tim Holmes  --  em at il: tim at unixtechs.org
      (0Y0)      |         UIN: 17021091  -- AIM: tdh004