Mounting Sony PSP

Dominique Goncalves dominique.goncalves at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 07:52:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 8/28/06, Tim Holmes <tim at unixtechs.org> wrote:
> I would really like to mount my PSP in FreeBSD so I can on and off load
> files on my workstation, instead of having to use another, else where.
> Has anybody been able to mount it?  Or have a How-To some place I could
> use?  Thus far all my searches have come up with anything but what I'm
> looking for.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

First check if with the dmesg command you can see your PSP, you should
read something like this:

umass0: USB Solid state disk, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
GEOM: create disk da0 dp=0xc2d74850
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <Generic Traveling Disk 1.11> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da0: 1.000MB/s transfers
da0: 126MB (258048 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 126C)

Then, you need to mount your PSP with:

mount_msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt/PSP

There is a chapter in the handbook about USB device
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/usb-disks.html

HTH

> tdh
>
> --

Regards.

--
There's this old saying: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach
a man to fish, feed him for life."