BSDstats: Error message

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 28 02:40:47 UTC 2006

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> Just wondering if this is a usual response to my accidentally hammering the
> bsdstats server:
>
> bash-2.05b# /usr/local/etc/periodic/monthly/300.statistics &
> [1] 5437
> bash-2.05b# Posting monthly OS statistics to bsdstats.org
> Posting monthly device/CPU statistics disabled
>   set monthly_statistics_report_devices="YES" in /etc/periodic.conf
> bash-2.05b# cat /etc/periodic.conf
> monthly_statistics_enable="YES"
>
> Got a 'new' machine (Pentium Pro 166 MHz, turning lightweight router/MTA
> :-).) and wanted to post it to the site.

The above looks okay ... you reported your OS, as you listed in
periodic.conf, but unless you add
'monthly_statistics_report_devices="YES"' to /etc/periodic.conf, it won't
report CPUs or devices ... if you add that line and re-run teh script, it
won't report a second server, but will update to show the CPUs/Devices ...