BSDstats Project: A quick reminder ...

Mikhail Goriachev mikhailg at webanoide.org
Sat Aug 26 12:08:46 UTC 2006

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Just a quick reminder to all those that have installed
> /usr/ports/sysutils/bsdstats ... pre-v3.0 clients no longer work, due to
> the changes that were made to the database ... please upgrade, and run,
> the new version available in ports ...
>
> Also, as another reminder, the first run of the script after upgrading
> will take ~15 minutes to run ... there is a 15 min sleep in the script
> that is enforced at the server end ...
>
> Right now, we are at ~40% of the hosts that we were before v3.0, and I'm
> still seeing database hits on the *old* database, indicating that ppl are
> still running the old client :(
>
> BTW, for those that haven't looked recently at http://www.bsdstats.org ...
> the US is, of course, leading the pack with ~20% of the installed FreeBSD
> servers (a whole 129 servers) ... Germany following a close second with
> ~15% ...
>
> And, Canada (my country) is woefully in 5th place with 4% ... come on
> folks, we need to get all of the numbers up ...

Hi,

I just upgraded the thing to v3.0_3 and when executing I get:

 : not found
To protect against abuse, the initial challenge/response phase
contains a 15 minute pause.  Please be patient while this time
limit elapses

Not sure what happens with that " : not found". I also commented "sleep
900" line. Waiting for 15 mins is a bit too long.

Oh, and Chile is missing again.

Thanks for this project Marc!

Cheers,
Mikhail.

--
Mikhail Goriachev
Webanoide

Telephone: +61 (0)3 62252501
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)4 38255158
E-Mail: mikhailg at webanoide.org
Web: http://www.webanoide.org

PGP Key ID: 0x4E148A3B
PGP Key Fingerprint: D96B 7C14 79A5 8824 B99D 9562 F50E 2F5D 4E14 8A3B