installing 6.1 on Compaq Proliant 5000

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Aug 26 08:51:54 UTC 2006

Give it up.  First, you need to set Windows or DOS in the BIOS setting
not SCO.  SCO sets up the SMP table all wrong.  that should also
fix the mem reporting problem.

But the big problem is that the ida driver crapped up support for
EISA cards some time ago.  I keep meaning to setup a test Proliant
and bug the ida driver author to fix it, but I have never got round
tuit.

If you can find a PCI compaq raid card you might get somewhere.

Ted