AMD64 make buildworld failure

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Aug 26 00:27:00 UTC 2006

I'm trying to do a buildworld (AMD64) on a Sum Ultra 40, but it's failing
like this:

cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -DRRESTORE -DRESCUE  -c
/usr/src/sbin/restore
/restore.c
cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -DRRESTORE -DRESCUE  -c
/usr/src/sbin/restore
/dirs.c
/usr/src/sbin/restore/dirs.c: In function `extractdirs':
/usr/src/sbin/restore/dirs.c:192: internal compiler error: Segmentation
fault: 1
1
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sbin/restore.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/rescue/rescue.
*** Error code 1

This is installed from the 6.1 Release CD, and then cvsup'd

Can anyone tell me where I should start looking.

(Dennis Ritchie)