Code beautifiers, anyone?

David Kelly dkelly at HiWAAY.net
Fri Aug 25 03:16:30 UTC 2006

On Aug 24, 2006, at 5:00 PM, Matti J. Karki wrote:

> On 8/24/06, Kyrre Nygård <kyrreny at broadpark.no> wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps you could share with us whatever scripts you've written?
>>

> Totally forgot to include the actual intendation script.

I'm just a bit confused about the fascination with scripts for cleaning
up code. Is it the desire to clean up more than just C?

For C, /usr/bin/indent does very well, GNU indent in
/usr/ports/devel/gindent/ seems to have been updated more recently and
is easier to find pre-compiled Windows binaries if necessary.

I first ran across indent when it was mentioned to be a capable tool
for unraveling deliberate obfuscation as found in entries in The
International Obfuscated C Code Contest, http://www.ioccc.org/

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net