Where is mfsroot.flp ?

Yuan, Jue yuanjue02 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 15:50:40 UTC 2006

Hi all.

I just wonder where mfsroot.flp is going now. It seems it has been replaced by
boot.flp and kernX.flp. why?

What I really want is to get a mfsroot to embed into a FreeBSD kernel, since
kernel has option MD_ROOT to support this. I have found mfsroot.gz in boot/,
but after uncompressing, it turns out to be as big as 4.2MB, which is too big
for me. :-( Does anyone knows how to create a custom mfsroot, say which files
do I need to put in to it, to make it not larger than 4MB?

Any idea would be greatly appreciated. :-)

--
Best Regards
Yuan, Jue @ http://www.yuanjue.net