Newbie questions

E. Gad p1agu313 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 04:37:37 UTC 2006

Hello
 First I was directed to post the  here because I  posted to the stable mailing list before re-reading what it's purpose is- I apologise-.

 I am playing with freebsd 6 on a testing box.  I Upgraded l from 6.0 to 6.1 because it looked like popular opinion is that it's got a number of improvements After a few false starts and finally figuring what I did wrong  it went basicly ok.

 I went to use sysinstall  to install a few usefull looking items however I got a error message:
 "Release 6.1-p3 not found on server"

 What is puzling is if I do essentially the samething: run pkg_add -f from the command line I seem to get some of the  packages I wanted-to install. Is this normal? or did I do something wrong?
 I am not entirely sure how fix this and any assistance is apreciated.

 (The free-bsd etiquite   note statements says I should mention what I have done so far)

 I have started by using google to see if anyone else has this problem. I haven't found the problem on bulitin boards or the like (not yet anyway-i'll look again in the morning)

 -thanks