Easy Question From Newbie

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Tue Aug 22 17:26:59 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 02:37:11PM +0300, Ivan Levchenko wrote:
> thanks, I know how to enable pf in freebsd, but is there a difference
> between enableing pf via loader.conf or rc.conf?

I think that using loader.conf, the pf module will get loaded around the
same sort of time as the kernel, whereas using rc.conf, it is loaded much
later in the boot sequence.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key: http://www.slightlystrange.org/pgpkey-dan.asc
PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \