Jabber server.

Greg Groth ggroth at gregs-garage.com
Tue Aug 22 16:32:51 UTC 2006

After trying out a couple of proprietary IM solutions, I have abandoned
my search in frustration and have been trying out various jabber
implementations.  So far I have tested ejabberd & jabberd2.  My biggest
issue thus far is that there is no way to archive IM traffic.  Neither
of the above software have this functionality built in.  I'm not sure if
jabberd 1.4 had this functionality or not, as it's been deprecated.  I
have attempted to use a third party component called bandersnatch, but
ran into problems with deprecated POE code.  I've also looked at
Wildfire, but it appears that there are problems with the current
version and the i-ball plugin, and that the plug-in is no longer being
maintained.  Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Greg Groth