Infinite Loops! Infinite Loops! FREAKING Infinite Loops!!!!

beno zope at 2012.vi
Tue Aug 22 15:53:26 UTC 2006

Hi;
This is becoming the project from hell! It started with an upgrade from
5.3. That *seemed* to go well except for the upgrade of ports. When I
went to use portmanager, it went into an infinite loop. Someone on this
list said that was because it was an old version of portmanager
(0.2.0_1) and that was a known bug with the same. He counseled me to
DELETE everything in /usr/ports and start over, which I did:

fetch
ftp://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports-current/ports.tar.gz -c
/root -f ports.tar.gz && tar -xvzpf /root/ports.tar.gz -C /usr/

However, in running "make install", I've fallen into yet another
&*(%$%*) infinite loop! See below. I don't know if it did that on
"make", it went many hours and I just decided to let it run overnight
and deal with it in the morning. HELP! Get me OUT of these inifinte
loops! Help me just install the freaking ports, for goodness sakes!!
HELP!!!!
beno

checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... ok
checking for iconv... /usr/local/bin/iconv
checking for msgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for msgmerge... /usr/local/bin/msgmerge
checking for xgettext... /usr/local/bin/xgettext
configure: creating ./config.status
 /bin/sh ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating intltool.spec
config.status: creating intltoolize
config.status: creating tests/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/cases/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/results/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/selftest.pl
cd . && /bin/sh
/usr/ports/textproc/intltool/work/intltool-0.35.0/missing --run aclocal-1.9
aclocal-1.9: not found
WARNING: `aclocal-1.9' is missing on your system.  You should only need
it if
         you modified `acinclude.m4' or `configure.in'.  You might want
         to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.  Grab them from
         any GNU archive site.
 cd . && /bin/sh
/usr/ports/textproc/intltool/work/intltool-0.35.0/missing --run
automake-1.9 --gnu
automake-1.9: not found
WARNING: `automake-1.9' is missing on your system.  You should only need
it if
         you modified `Makefile.am', `acinclude.m4' or `configure.in'.
         You might want to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.
         Grab them from any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/sh
/usr/ports/textproc/intltool/work/intltool-0.35.0/missing --run autoconf
autoconf: not found
WARNING: `autoconf' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `configure.in'.  You might want to install the
         `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages.  Grab them from any GNU
         archive site.
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running /bin/sh ./configure  --libdir=/usr/local/libdata
--prefix=/usr/local --build=i386-portbld-freebsd6.1
build_alias=i386-portbld-freebsd6.1  --no-create --no-recursion
checking whether build environment is sane... ^Cgmake: ***
[config.status] Error 1

And it just keeps REPEATING that over and over!