remote access solutions for rebuild world ??

Mikhail Goriachev mikhailg at webanoide.org
Tue Aug 22 07:40:59 UTC 2006

ke han wrote:
> I am about to purchase a new server for FreeBSD 6.1.  For rebuilding
> world, I will need secure remote access to the server while booting
> in order to startup in single user mode.
> What solutions do other user recommend for this?  Any particular
> favored than others?  Specific hardware recommendations are welcome.
> thanks, ke han

In addition, you could also use something like this:

http://www.raritan.com/products/kvm_switches/dominion_kx/prd_line.aspx

Cheers,
Mikhail.

--
Mikhail Goriachev
Webanoide

Telephone: +61 (0)3 62252501
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)4 38255158
E-Mail: mikhailg at webanoide.org
Web: http://www.webanoide.org

PGP Key ID: 0x4E148A3B
PGP Key Fingerprint: D96B 7C14 79A5 8824 B99D 9562 F50E 2F5D 4E14 8A3B