Why This Infinite Loop??

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Aug 21 16:34:31 UTC 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 12:03, beno wrote:
> Gerard Seibert wrote:
> > Run 'portmanager -V' and see if it equals: 0.4.1_6.
>
> 0.2.0
>
> > If not, you have an older
> > version of portmanager. Update it just like any other port, only do not
> > use portmanager to do it.
>
> That's my question. How do I update it if I can't use portmanager,
> portmaster (which I don't have) or portupdate (ditto)?
> beno

Are you referring to updating portmanager or updating the ports?

To update portmanager, assuming you have an up-to-date port system:

	cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portmanager
	male install & make clean

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

You shouldn't have to pay for your love with your bones and your flesh.

	Pat Benatar, "Hell is for Children"