Apache 2.2 http accept filter

Gábor Kövesdán gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 19 15:38:32 UTC 2006

Ian Lord wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I start apache2.2, I get the following error:
>
> [Sat Aug 19 11:26:50 2006] [warn] (2)No such file or directory: Failed
> to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter
> [Sat Aug 19 11:26:50 2006] [warn] (2)No such file or directory: Failed
> to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter
> [Sat Aug 19 11:26:50 2006] [warn] (2)No such file or directory: Failed
> to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter
>
> Here is my config
> In /etc/rc.conf:
> apache22_enable="YES"
> apache22 ssl_enable="YES"
> apache22_http_accept_enable="YES"
>
> In /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf:
> AcceptFilter http httpready
> AcceptFilter https dataready
>
> Is there anything I am missing in the kernel or somewhere ?
> Also, is it better to run with or without httpready ? I read it was
> better performance wide to use it
>
> Thanks a lot

Yes, you have to put these two lines into your kernel config:
options         ACCEPT_FILTER_HTTP
options         ACCEPT_FILTER_DATA

Alternatively, you can load the appropriate kernel modules as well.

I think it's better to use these, you might gain a bit in the
performance as you wrote.

--
Cheers,

Gabor