How to bypass loader.conf at boot

Daniel Gerzo danger at rulez.sk
Thu Aug 17 18:07:56 UTC 2006

Hello Odhiambo,

> * On 17/08/06 21:22 +0400, Nguyen Tam Chinh wrote:
> | Hi all,
> |
> | I edited the /boot/loader.conf to add values for kern.maxdsiz and
> | kern.dfldsiz.
> | Unfortunately my server can not boot after that (the values are too big).
> | How can I bypass the loader.conf parameters at
> | boot? Or how I can change these values interactively?
> | The server is located in a data center and I can access to it through
> | supporter.
> | Please advice.
> | Thanks all for helping.
> |
> | PS. Please CC me because I'm not in this list.

> Off the top of my head .....

I don't think that this is really needed.

Let the technician boot the box and tell him to escape to the boot
prompt. When he will be done, he just need to unset those variables
with the following command -- unset kern.maxdsiz; and unset
kern.dfldsiz. After that, he will just have to type 'boot' and that's
all. I hope that this will work for him ;-)

Anyway, try to read through loader(8) manual page.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                            mailto:danger at rulez.sk