vmware on freebsd?

Matthias Apitz m.apitz at oclcpica.org
Tue Aug 15 08:49:31 UTC 2006

El día Tuesday, August 15, 2006 a las 04:27:07AM -0400, Peter escribió:

> I am not attached to any one product.  I would prefer to go the OSS
> route.  What limitations does qemu have?  Can you connect to the guest
> machines remotely?  How can you say it is better than vmware if you
> have never used it?  Thanks for any comments you may have.
>
> Peter

I run Qemu for a long time in my FreeBSD 6.0-REL laptop to fire
up, if I need to do, a XP box or to give talks about the installation
of a FreeBSD just doing this in a Qemu virtual machine. Of course
you can connect from the underlaying host system or from anywhere
else, for example with SSH, to the guest system in Qemu, properly
routing setup must done of course before.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH