BSDstats v3.0 - The Security Rewrite

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Tue Aug 15 00:40:36 UTC 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 08:19, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Over the past few days, I've been working with Paul Schmehl and Matthew
> Seaman to come up with a more "security sensitive" version of BSDstats ...
> one that reduces the amount of "sensitive information" stored in the
> database down to ... zero.  No IPs, no hostnames ...
>
> This new version also reduces the number of 'network fetches' down to 4
> for the first run, and 3 for subsequent runs, so it runs a bit faster, and
> talks across the network less.
>
> And, finally, this one has its own domain for check in server ...
>
> None of the pre-v3.x clients can talk to the v3.x server, since the DB
> format has totally changed, so everyone needs to grab the latest version
> and run it so that we can re-sync the database properly ...
>
> >From now forward, the stats will be viewable from:
>
>           http://www.bsdstats.org
>
> ----
> Email . scrappy at hub.org                              MSN . scrappy at hub.org
> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

mark,

i noticed the percentages columns, they definatly make the information all
that more fascinating.  would it be possible to segregate the far right
column by release, and show what percentages of the 6.1s are stable, p3, p2,
release?  etc etc?  that column as it sits is still good information (so im
not suggesting dumping it), but i would like to see another section to break
out the versions, by percentages.

my 2 cents, :)
jonathan