moused not working

Nagy László nagylzs at enternet.hu
Mon Aug 14 19:44:23 UTC 2006

  Hello,

I installed FreeBSD 6.1 on a wmware virtual computer. Result: moused
works fine with

moused -t auto -p /dev/psm0

If I boot another wmware computer with pxeboot, then moused starts, but
I cannot see the cursor. If I start sysinstall and start configuring the
mouse, then the cursor does appear! Then it asks me if I can see the
cursor moving. I say 'YES'. As a result, the cursor disappears
immediately. I tried the same with a real computer and I had the same
results. If I start

moused -t auto -p /dev/psm0

on the command line then I get no error message but I cannot see the cursor.

Maybe it is related, maybe not, but if I start

Xorg -configure

then I only get a big black screen and I have to reset the computer.
Even Ctrl+Alt+Del not working. It is the same on the virtual and the
real machine too. The same command is working if I boot from the hard disk.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

   Laszlo