Cacti & FreeBSD Jail CPU & RAM monitoring

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 16:28:33 UTC 2006

On 8/14/06, Philippe Lang <philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use Cacti for CPU and RAM usage monitoring on my FreeBSD Server.
>
> Is there a way to do monitoring for each jail independently? I guess the answer is "no" for CPU usage, but is there a way maybe to get the RAM usage of the processes of each jail?

using cacti's scripting ability you actually may be able to get some
sort of usefull info.  for example, you can use "ps auxwl" to get some
pretty detailed info on process which are in jails (third filed is
%CPU, fourth %MEM).  it may take a little work to sort out which jail
a process resides in - .  this method will only work from the master
as well.  similar tricks can be used inside a jail as well.

HTH

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~