quick way fall back to the original kernel

gahn ipfreak at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 16:07:14 UTC 2006

Thanks for ur advice.

actually i did that; rename the current kernel and
name the "kernel.old to "kernel", which worked. but i
am looking for a command that could do that.

the reason is that i am trying to keep my kernel up to
date, but my understanding is that it could be done
only with the original kernel, right? or i am
mistaken...

as to kernel.safe, there is no this directory by
default (even boot manual has option for kernel safe).
i am wondering where the kernel.safe is...

but i do keep a copy of the orginal kernel in case i
loss track of kernel version...

--- Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr>