Slow Startup with nss_ldap

Pramod Venugopal pramod at dvnull.org
Sun Aug 13 08:20:21 UTC 2006

Hi

Anyways, after setting slapd to start before in rc.d, I was able to
get my machine up. Slapd would still give me the following error:

nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Server is unavailable

However slapd is up and running by the time I get a login prompt so
the important issue is out of the way. Now to figure out why that
message comes up.

Pramod Venugopal
pramod at dvnull.org