BSDstats Project v2.0 ...

Antony Mawer fbsd-questions at mawer.org
Wed Aug 9 04:02:36 UTC 2006

On 9/08/2006 1:49 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Nikolas Britton wrote:
>> PCBSD# uname -a
>> FreeBSD PCBSD.localhost 6.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p2 #0: Fri
>> Jun 16 09:21:34 PDT 2006
>> root at PCBSD.localhost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PCBSDv1.11  i386
>
> Unfortunately, if they are *all* the same hostname, and behind NAT, they
> will just be seen as *one* host ... what is PCBSD?

It's a user-friendly version of FreeBSD designed to provide a
workstation environment for the more novice-style users.. see here for
details:

     http://www.pcbsd.org/?p=learnhome

It's not a different BSD OS per se (as opposed to
Free/Dragonfly/Net/OpenBSD) but obviously the pre-defined hostname is a
problem for determining uniqueness... I wonder if this is something
better addressed by the PC-BSD developers as part of their setup process?