4TB filesystem

Igor Robul igorr at speechpro.com
Mon Aug 7 05:50:51 UTC 2006

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 08:35:31PM +0100, Martin Hepworth wrote:
> Softupdates removes the issue if havinh to fsck filesystems after and
> unclean umount.....
Background fsck does not work well with big filesystems, it can literaly
make server useless for long period of time, sometimes I just boot
server in single user mode and do "fsck -y" because while it means
downtime, but after this downtime server will work ... while background
fsck eats all server memory and most of CPU.

I'm very happy, that I dont need do this often :-)