Fwd: failure notice

Australian National University minduploading.net at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 13:43:18 UTC 2006

To whom it may concern,

We here at Australian National University are wondering if there are any
recommended (or any whatseover) simulators or emulators (software) that run
on Windows X86/i386 Intel hardwre in native true standard 32-bit mode that
emulate and provide a fully operational and "ready to boot" system with a
given runtime of an emulated AMD64 PROCESSOR. Yes, that is not a typo: we
are looking for a 32-bit EXE that can provide an emulated 64-bit Processor
*ON
a 32-bit machine. *Just like Voltage can be increased by sacrificing
Amperage in electronics is it not possible to (dramatically) sacrifice speed
of a x86 32-bit hyper-threading processor like a 3 gHZ PENTIUM 4 so that it
could run a proper X64 OPERATING SYSTEM such as MICROSOFT WINDOWS X64
COMPUTE CLUSTER at a (terrible) speed of 500mhz or so (given the exchange
for 64-bit power) ? We are considering beginning a project here at the
Australian National University whereby we can make MICROSOFT WINDOWS X64
COMPUTE CLUSTER run on a 32-bit machine; this OS is essentially identical to
WINDOWS SERVER 2003 except that it is X64, includes WOWEXEC to run 32-bit
(the inverse of what we want to do), and incorporates MPICH as MSPICH-2 or
MPIEXEC.EXE. We are even thinking about writing an equivalent
MPIEXEC.EXEapplication for a Windows 2000 server (Active Directory
Cluster Domain
Controller) that would TRICK a WINDOWS COMPUTE CLUSTER machine into thinking
it is another COMPUTE CLUSTER NODE and allow it to receive tasks from the
Compute Cluster Job scheduler. Obviously our basic goal here is to allow X86
machines to join compute clusters and circumvent Microsoft's limitation of
forcing people to use the AMD64 Processor. We are aware of your bias yet
would appreciate your constructive criticism. Any reply will be quoted and
may be re-printed in any journal printed by the University.

Yours Faithfully,

Adam.

------=_Part_65325_32037155.1154784928865

any recommended (or any whatseover) simulators or emulators (software) that
run on Windows X86/i386 Intel hardwre in native true standard 32-bit mode
that emulate and provide a fully operational and &quot;ready to boot&quot;
system with a given runtime of an emulated AMD64 PROCESSOR. Yes, that is not
a typo: we are looking for a 32-bit EXE that can provide an
emulated&nbsp;64-bit Processor
<em>ON a 32-bit machine. </em>Just like Voltage can be increased by