.bash_logout and shutdown -- need ideas

DW spock at dwinner.net
Fri Aug 4 16:54:14 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Have a bit of an issue here:

Just started using a .bash_logout script to handle doing my unison
commands whenever I logout at end of day so I don't forget to sync my
local homedir to my server before I head home.

Works fine as long as I just do a "# exit" when I'm done.

But more often than not, I do a "# sudo shutdown -p now".

The problem with that though, is that the shutdown process runs as root,
and just drops the system, and I'm never actually getting logged out as
much as booted out. So my .bash_logout doesn't run, and thus no unison
unless I remember to run it manually first.

Any ideas on how to work around this sitch?

Thanks,
DW