watchdog question.

efrenba at dhl.gcc.cu efrenba at dhl.gcc.cu
Wed Aug 2 12:54:06 UTC 2006

> On Tuesday 01 August 2006 20:39, Efren Bravo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've a freeBSD box and I've been seeing this
>> message for several months: sis0 watchdog
>> timeout.
>>
>> The box has two ethernet cards, sis0 (100mb) and
>> vr0 (10mb).
>>
>> The messages isn't frequent but yesterday it got
>> my attention. What does this mean?
>
> from  sis(4)
>      sis%d: watchdog timeout  The device has stopped responding to the
> net-
>      work, or there is a problem with the network connection (e.g. a cable
>      fault).

The motherboard is http://www.eprom.com/home/Microstar/ms7005.htm

The PC has been up for 119 days and nobody have reported me a network
interruption.

I've just changed the cable, so I'll wait to see if the system raises more
watchdog messages. In the console I see only two messages: april 20 | july
4.

Thanks to all for your time