[IMPORTANT] Adaptec no longer supporting iir(4) driver ...

User Freebsd freebsd at hub.org
Tue Aug 1 14:36:13 UTC 2006

A quick follow up on this email ... please note that I have not, in this
email, pointed to anything but the iir(4) driver, and, more specifically,
the GDT controller card ...

I have been using Adaptec products since the early 90's, and, until
upgrading to FreeBSD 6.x, *never* had a complaint with them ... this email
was meant to be a 'caveat emptor' for anyone looking to use the iir(4)
driver, and is not meant to apply to *all* Adaptec cards, as they don't
all use the iir(4) driver ...

Apologies to all who took this as a broad attack against Adaptec, it was
not meant as such ...