Gotta start somewhere ... how many of us are really out there?

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 02:13:42 UTC 2006

My calculations are off, I though the monthly periodic was relative to
the system install date. Here are the new numbers:

Lets say each client sends 20 bytes and their are 10^7 clients for a
total of 190.7MB per month. Now... Lets say 50% (10^6.7) of those
clients are set to UTC and all of them trigger on the first of the
month within 5 minutes of each other (10^6 per minute). This equates
to 16706 clients per second. We would need 326KB/s or 2610Kbit/s to
handle this load. This is a problem, even half of that is a problem.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/