Getting DHCP to use resolv.conf? AN ANSWER

Murray Taylor MTaylor at bytecraft.com.au
Sun Apr 30 23:56:13 UTC 2006

man dhclient-script

and my enter and exit scripts below from my home boxen

NB I use ddclient from ports to update dns stuff at dyndns.org and the
example.com should be replaced with your domain name in the enter-hooks
script.

These are not totally automatic in what they do, as I prefer to 'see and
know'
certain changes from my ISP so that is the reason for the email
setup....

Murray Taylor

Special Projects Engineer
Bytecraft Systems

P: +61 3 8710 2555
F: +61 3 8710 2599
D: +61 3 9238 4275
E: mtaylor at bytecraft.com.au

takes a
touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite
direction."
  Albert Einstein

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.

***This Email has been scanned for Viruses by MailMarshal.***