asr-utils broken on 6.0?

Frank Laszlo laszlof at vonostingroup.com
Fri Apr 28 13:11:35 UTC 2006

Has anyone had success using asr-utils on 6.0? I have an Adaptec 2000S
card, and I am simply trying to query the array with no success. It
keeps returning the following error when I run "raidutil -L all":

Engine connect failed: COMPATILITY number

I have googled for this error message and have found a couple threads
from about a year ago that suggest symlinking /dev/asr0 to a couple
other devices, /dev/rdptr17 and rdpti0. This does not fix the problem.
Any ideas? Thanks

Frank Laszlo
System Administrator
The VonOstin Group