Flash 7 and Firefox 1.5.0.2

Jeff Cross jeff.cross at averageadmins.com
Thu Apr 27 03:09:08 UTC 2006

I hate to ask you this, but can you assist me in getting Flash 7 to work
in Firefox?  I changed the symlinks in the browser_plugins from

/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so to
/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/libflashplayer.so and

/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/flashplayer.xpt to
/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/flashplayer.xpt.

I also commented out all of the Flash 6 info in libmap.conf and
uncommented the Flash 7 lines.  However, when visiting a web site that
is Flash enabled, the browser crashes with:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so [Shared object
"libm.so.6" not found, required by "nphelix.so"]
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/pluginwrapper/flash7.so: Undefined
symbol "_dlsym"

Any ideas?  I am afraid there is something else I am supposed to do.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff