Getting DHCP to use resolv.conf?

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Wed Apr 26 21:05:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:56:57 -0700
Telting <telting at comcast.net> wrote:

> I would like to know how I can propagate the dns servers which the dhcp
> client puts in resolv.conf to dhcpd.  I only see how I can only
> explicitly list a domain server with "option domain-name-servers".  How
> do I propogate non static dns servers?

Write a script to updated the dhcpd.conf file when resolv.conf
changes.  dhclient allows you to create hooks that automagically
run a script of your choosing when a new lease is obtained.

Or you could search the list archives for when this exact question
was asked a few weeks ago.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.