Purchasing the correct hardware: dual-core intel? Big cache?

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Tue Apr 25 13:00:00 UTC 2006

If your database application is CPU bound, you may need to re-architect the
database.  You may need more indexes.  You may be calculating values on
queries, rather than storing calculated values.

There are many ways to optimize a RDBMS performance, but the first thing to
do is analyze the data model, and how the data is used.

         -Derek

believed to be clean.