ruby don't compile after 5.2 -> 5.3

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Mon Apr 24 20:42:11 UTC 2006

 Le 22/04/2006 à 13:39:44-0400, Kris Kennaway a écrit
> On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 09:45:39AM +0200, Albert Shih wrote:
> >
> > And it's true for 5.4 ? Because in this time I can't upgrade directly to
> > 5.5, it's virtual server running with vmware and I don't known if my
> > version of vmware can running a vm with 5.5 (But I known it's true with
> > 5.4).
>
> I'd be extremely surprised if you couldn't run 5.5 in vmware.

Now I can tell you. But the first time I've install FreeBSD 5.4 on a vmware
he work....very bad.

When I start the FreeBSD VM Machine the load of my host (the server running
linux version of vmware-gsx server) become very high.

I use many time to find the solution : Put kern.hz="100" in
/boot/loader.conf

Unfortunaly for this 5.4 host I have time to search a solution, but now my
5.3 server is in production, well I can't take the risk to upgrade him to
5.5 and appear few day after there are big problem.

Lots of thanks for you answer.

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH