A portupgrade question

Richard Collyer richard at firebadger.net
Mon Apr 24 11:49:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, April 24, 2006 12:16 pm, Ian Moore wrote:
> On Monday 24 April 2006 20:43, Ian Moore wrote:
>> Hi, I've got a question about portupgrade and something that's happened
>> with it a couple of times now. The last 2 times libgda has been
>> upgraded,
>> I've run portupgrade -a to upgrade a bunch of ports, including libgda.
>>
>>  <snip>

I always use portupgrade -aR to make sure dependencies are done. However
with mysql I find that portupgrade is not the best.

Personally I would update ports tree (cvsup), cd to mysql ports directory,
make clean && make && make deinstall && make reinstall

Never had a problem doing it that way.

--
Richard Collyer
richard at firebadger.net