ath0: stuck beacon: resetting (bmiss count 4)

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sat Apr 22 18:34:01 UTC 2006

I have a D-Link DWL-G520 which I bring up with if_ath_load="yes" in
loader.conf

When I do an ifconfig ath0 media OFDM/54Mbps mediaopt hostap mode 11g
ssid sky01 up all 'seems' well. Ifconfig ath0 shows no errors,
but on my first tty I get these errors:

ath0: stuck beacon: resetting (bmiss count 4)

Is this a bug in the ath driver in FreeBSD-6.0 ? (If yes, is this bug
delt with in fbsd-6.1?

Is is something that can be changed with sysctl ?

Googling did not help much. Fact contradict each other. I saw some
settings changed on a linux system (txantenna, rxantenna, deversity).
The fbsd values for these dev.ath.0 items differ.

What are these error messages? Can they be ignored? If so, how do I get
rid of the screen msgs?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 ++ The Power to Serve