adapter question

nawcom nawcom at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 10:59:37 UTC 2006

so I am assuming you have built the ndis base code (/sys/modules/ndis)

did you build the if_ndis module correctly? here it is for reference:

goto /sys/modules/if_ndis,
copy the *.inf file and the *.sys file for your xp driver into
/sys/modules/if_ndis,
run: ndiscvt -i {your inf file} -s {your sys file} -o ndis_driver_data.h (in
your modules/if_ndis folder!)
now run the usual make; make install to build the if_ndis module

now if you load the modules in order: kldload ndis; kldload if_ndis; the
device should load up on ifconfig.

if this doesnt work out post the debug info for it
-Ben

On 4/21/06, Jose Jesus Ortega <jortega38 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have freeBSD-6.0 RELEASE, my D-Link ethernet card works fine with
> internet but I have a Linksys Wireless B Notebook Adapter. When I add the
> card to the computer is displays: "cardbus0: <network, ethernet> at device
> 0.0 (no driver attached)
>
> I have the CD that came with the adapter and on freeBSD Handbook I tried
> to run it Natively through ndis, the adapter turned on the light like if it
> was working but when I input the command: "ifconfig" it dosen't see it, the
> same message as above happens at startup. Any way to install the right
> driver for it? Thanks.

deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--- Benjamin Franklin