if_bridge with ndis0+rl0

William Michael Grim wgrim at cougar.isg.siue.edu
Sat Apr 22 10:29:22 UTC 2006

Hello.

My ndis0 card is a TNET1130 (ACX111 chipset) and can be put into
promiscuous mode.

I was wondering if if_bridge can be used to bridge this ndis0 and my rl0?
I have tried to do it using these commands:
  # ifconfig bridge0 create
  # ifconfig bridge0 addm ndis0 addm rl0
  # ifconfig bridge0 up

Using those above commands, I cannot get traffic from my wired network
through the wireless interface to my wireless AP in my roommate's room
(where the cable connection is).  So, while most people want to connect
their 802.11 to their wired connection, I want to do just the opposite.

Is there anything I can do, or am I screwed unless I get another wireless
card that works with if_bridge?

Thanks for the input!

William Michael Grim
Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
Unix Network Administrator, SIUE, Computer Science dept.
Phone: (217) 341-6552
Email: wgrim at siue.edu