Same error with all ports install!

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 21 23:46:08 UTC 2006

Marwan Sultan wrote:

> Its 2 chipset RAM, each 256DDR total 512
> Running on Dell Optiplex Gx260. P4 2.5
>
> Do you think ram has something wrong! ? it should be like one ram
> chipset? has the problem?
> I'll try them one at a time,
>
> Thanks for the advise,
>
> Thanks kevin, thanks Garrett
>
>> Marwan Sultan wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Guys,
>>>
>>> I fresh installed FreeBSD 6.0R some wierd stuff going on!
>>> Firts: the box restarted from it self like 4 times, and
>>> /var/log/messages showing only one strange
>>> line (for me) which is
>>> Apr 22 01:10:46 box kernel: pid 5764 (cc1),
>>>                             uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
>>>
>>> then i ran fsck, it cleared some files, now its not
>>> restarting but, i'm not sure it will or it will not.
>>>
>>>  second problem: whenever i try to install any port,
>>> it gave an error msg during the make says:
>>>
>>> cc1 in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense
>>> cc1 in malloc(): error: recursive call
>>> cc: Internal error: Abort trap: 6 (program cc1)
>>> Please submit a full bug report.
>>> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>

>>>  Anyone could Advise please?
>>>  Marwan
>>

>> How many RAM chips?  Try them one at a time...
>>
>> KDK

    Another thing: Check the capacitors on your motherboard. If they the
tops are swelling (tops are not flat) or bursting (emitting
yellow/orange dialectric) on the capacitors around the RAM/CPU, it's
time to either call Dell or get a new machine. The fault with bad
capacitors is a well known quality control problem and if you search
google for those terms, maybe you can get some more information as to
what it is and why it occurs.
-Garrett