Newbie question - cannot add new disk

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Thu Apr 20 19:14:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 01:40:09PM -0700, Oliver Iberien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to add a second IDE hard drive. I can't seem to get it
> mounted, or to get what I put into sysinstall and what comes out when I use
> the command line to agree.

Are you using the command line interface or sysinstall to configure the
disk? This is not clear to me. If you tried sysinstall did it give any
errors about the geometry? What did you do at that point?

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howto's based on my personal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://alex.kruijff.org/FreeBSD/