pf problem with table

Reinhold Platzoeder freebsd at violetlan.net
Wed Apr 19 23:27:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 07:41:33 -0400
"fbsd" <fbsd at a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> Error msg means there is something wrong with the content of
> /etc/pfdata/blocklist-p2p
>
> check that there are no blank lines in that file.
>
> make file with only ten entries and test.
> Then add more content until you break it.
> maybe 1.7 MB file size is to large for max table size

Hi

My problem looks like the file is to big to be loaded into pf
My firewall stops responding when the file has about 7000 IPs in it
The old file has 104450 IPs in it and I would like to block them

Does anyone know how I can get this file to load into pf without
killing my machine?

Here is my top stats
last pid:  4899;  load averages:  0.00,  0.00,  0.00  up 1+02:06:53
01:23:55 30
processes:  1 running, 29 sleeping CPU states:  0.0% user, 0.0% nice,
0.0% system,  1.6% interrupt, 98.4% idle
Mem: 13M Active, 4884K Inact, 23M Wired, 2852K Cache, 13M Buf, 9788K
Free
Swap: 512M Total, 5364K Used, 507M Free, 1% Inuse

Thanks

--
Reinhold Platzoeder

reinhold at violetlan.net