SYSTEM HANG - NATD running FINE

Ben and Jen jrwallace1 at cox.net
Wed Apr 19 15:16:49 UTC 2006

My system has recently "locked up" after 65 days uptime, running only natd for my local network.  Natd still works fine and routes information properly - but I am no longer able to telnet or login to my machine even from a local console(alt f1-fx).  After I enter my root or user name at the login - it just hangs there.  When I telnet in, it does not even prompt me with a login.

Anybody ever had this problem before?  Any suggestions on how to recover my system without rebooting?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben