server hardware

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Tue Apr 18 15:00:13 UTC 2006

You'll do best to select your individual hardware and then shop for it one
at a time, searching for the best prices.

You can select motherboards at the manufacturer's websites.  You will get
better performance with RAID build on the motherboard.  Newer motherboards
also support SATA-300, so you will want drives in that speed too (most 300
GB and larger are available in SATA-300.)  New motherboards will also
support dual core CPU's which are now the same price as hyperthreaded
single core CPU's.  These motherboards will also support faster DDR2 RAM.

Rack cases cost more, but get a good brand that supports different cooling
options and quieter operation on the larger 3U and 4U models.

You may want to use a couple shopping bots to help find the best prices
once you have your shopping list complete.

         -Derek