su to root not prompting for a password

James Riendeau jtriende at wisc.edu
Mon Apr 17 18:46:59 UTC 2006

Thanks!  I didn't think it was so simple, and I feel like a lunkhead
for not thinking of that.  I'm accustomed to being prompted for the
user's password when I run su, even if it is blank (I've been
spending way too much time on Mac OS X, I guess).   I must have
clobbered only the root password.  Nobody else complained about being
unable to login after the upgrade.  Not sure how that happened since
I was so careful, especially when it got to master.passwd.

-james