DIAL-IN TERMINAL SERVICE

Mon Apr 17 04:22:25 UTC 2006

I have attached a modem to my freebsd box and trying to setup a simple
dial-in terminal service.
I have tried to follow the instructions in the freebsd handbook.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/dialup.html

I am able to get a terminal working on the serial port (tested with a null
modem cable)
but when I get to the modem setting section.  I get confused.

The server is located in China so I purchased a Taiwan maker TP-Link's modem
the model number is TP-Link EC5658V V92 External (MD5660) Modem.
At least that's what the Window's driver recognizes it as.
I have attached the WindowsXP inf file that seems to have the control
commands listed.

Can anyone help me with setting up my modem?
1) How do I know if my modem stores parameters in non-volatile RAM?
2) How do I setup my modem to receive incoming calls? How do I set what ring
the modem picks up on?
3) How do I mute the modem speakers so that I don't have to hear the
annoying
4) If the modem parameters are kept in volatile RAM, how do I get my
computer to reinitialize the settings on bootup?

TIA,
Tomoki Taniguchi