Newbie question - using sysinstall "Upgrade an existing system" - easy?

Sun Apr 16 16:47:27 UTC 2006

What actually happens when you use "Upgrade an existing system" in sysinstall?
Do you end up with the X-server, etc., all functioning as before, or is there
a lot of cleanup to do afterwards?

(In my case, this would be from 6.0 to 6.1, whenever the release version of
6.1 comes out. I am getting DMA errors in trying to install a second drive,
and posts from this list give the impression that changing versions may make
a difference.)

Oliver