[kde-freebsd] Re: Problem compiling KOffice

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 20:45:47 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, Ashley Moran <work at ashleymoran.me.uk> wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2006, at 10:15 am, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
> > Hello Ashley,
> >
> > Did you see this part?

> Hi
>
> Yes - thanks - I got that and eventually got round to updating
> ImageMagick late yesterday.  I seem to be having two major problems
> lately- my package database is fubarred and everything needs a
> recompile before it will work, and I don't get enough sleep, so I
> don't see solutions that are right in front of my eyes!!!
>
> Thanks again to the guy who posted the koffice 1.5 port (I think that
> was Nikolas - I don't have access to all my e-mails as I'm at home,
> and my work machine deletes list messages from the server.)
> Unfortunately when I tried it it wouldn't work, and I reverted to
> 1.4.  It gave me a new dependency that conflicted with a package I've
> already got installed.  I can't remember either of the package names
> though <---- sleeplessnes strikes again.
>
> Still it's all working now, and I've got an up-to-date KDE
> installation for the first time in months.

If it's been a few months since you last updated your ports then no
the koffice 1.5 package won't work for you. what version of FreeBSD
are you running and if you have not updated your ports in months you
better read /usr/ports/UPDATING becouse you will have to delete all
installed ports/packages and reinstall them. This is why:

20060223:
  AFFECTS: all ports using libtool as part of the build process
  AUTHOR: ade at FreeBSD.org

  The way in which ports that require libtool to build has been
  completely reworked to bring the ports system in line with other
  environments, such as Linux, and pkgsrc.

  devel/libtool13 no longer exists.  devel/libtool15 has been modified
  to (a) install in the canonical locations and (b) remove a number
  of long-standing FreeBSD-specific patches that resulted in a very
  different libtool than is present on other systems.

  The main visible change will be that a large number of ports have
  had their plists modified (we now install libtool .la archives)
  and, as such, PORTREVISIONS have been bumped on ~2000 ports (roughly
  1/7th of the tree).

  Unfortunately, there is no simple upgrade path.  Short of removing
  all packages and reinstalling from scratch, the only other viable
  alternative would be careful use of portupgrade.  Given the large
  number of different ways in which libtool is used by other ports
  in the tree, this is a process that is likely to vary considerably
  from system to system, and as such, folks should be very mindful
  of running automatic updating software, such as portupgrade, making
  extensive use of the -n flag (and equivalents for other updaters)
  to see what will actually be rebuilt, before actually performing
  the upgrade.

  The good news is that the system now in place will make the handling
  of libtool-using ports considerably easier going forward.

20060220:
  AFFECTS: users of lang/perl5.8
  AUTHOR: tobez at FreeBSD.org

  lang/perl5.8 has been updated to 5.8.8.  You should update everything
  depending on perl.  The easiest way to do that is to use
  perl-after-upgrade script supplied with lang/perl5.8.  Please see
  its manual page for details.

20060202:
  AFFECTS: users of textproc/expat2
  AUTHOR: kuriyama at FreeBSD.org

  Users of expat2 (and its many dependencies) should do the following to
  properly update expat2 and all of its dependencies:

  portupgrade -rf textproc/expat2

--
BSD Podcasts @ http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/